Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hell Yeah, Gallo!!!!

Posted by Sean Doyle, July 22, 2010.
"I think that if people don't consider me a good player, they're stupid!" said Danilo Gallinari to Newsday.

For the life of me I don't understand why with all the media chirping about the baron nature and god-awful mediocrity of the Knicks roster that rarely was Danillio Galinari's name brought up in a positive way (Or in any way at all for that matter.) This past year, his first full NBA season, Gallo averaged 15 points, 5 boards, and 2 assists per game, shooting around 40% from beyond the arc and posting a 14.8 PER. Hey, this isn't Larry Bird Territory but it's not bad either. He plays a physical game (often lacking in European players for which fundamentals and finesse is emphasized) and is getting stronger by the day. Is it really that unrealistic to expect to see Gallo post a 17 ppg, 7 rpg, 3 apg, line with an 18 PER for the upcoming season? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment