Posted by Sean Doyle, March 29, 2010
Here are 10 interesting facts about Prokhorov, assembled by ESPN, based on his recent 60 Minutes Interview:
1. He hires production crews to record him performing backflips on a Jet Ski and then set the footage to music;
2. His shrewdest business decision - to sell his stake in a mining company - was a consequence of being at the center of a prostitution scandal at a French Alpine ski resort.
3. He lost a $53 million deposit when he decided not to purchase the world's most expensive home in the French Riviera (valued at $530 million).
4. He owns a $45 million yacht that he rarely uses because it makes him seasick.
5. He is Russian but he has never tasted vodka.
6. He does not have a cell phone or a computer and has only looked at the Internet three times.
7. Even when he was already extremely rich, he lived with his sister in a 500-square-foot apartment.
8. His first profitable business involved the manufacture of stonewashed jeans.
9. He works out two hours each day, including kickboxing with a coach of the Olympic team, and practices his jump shot on a basketball hoop installed down the hall from his office.
10. He admits to paying bribes, but the most recent one was 15 years ago.